It’s estimated that only about 30 percent of small businesses are currently selling their products online. It begs the question: What are you waiting for?
Online shopping is a multi-hundred-billion-dollar
Here’s a look at some great reasons to sell auto parts online in addition to your brick-and-mortar shop:
• Widen your customer base: Though your physical auto shop only services consumers in your geographical area, your online shop can service consumers anywhere in the world. This alone can really increase your profit potential, especially if you offer niche products.
• Build customer loyalty: Your physical and virtual stores should feed off one another. For instance, there may be a consumer who found you online that will also visit your physical shop for service, and vice-versa. An online store site can also include things like FAQs, a blog and information about your physical store to build loyalty.
• You’re open 24/7: Unlike your physical store, your online store doesn’t have the traditional 9-5 hours. It’s open 24/7/365 so people can shop whenever they want.
• More targeted marketing: By using data analytics, you can get a better sense of who’s checking out what, who’s buying what and at what time people are most often visiting. This can help you organize marketing campaigns to pique interest and generate more sales.
• It’s flexible: Something not selling? Don’t offer it anymore. Is a product selling better than you thought? Consider offering different variations. With an online store, you can offer the parts you want when you want to offer them at the price you want to offer them. You can create deals of the day, week, month, etc. You can get as creative or keep things as simple as you’d like.
Any good online store needs a good point of sale (POS) solution, capable of tracking things like pricing, store management, catalogs, invoices and deliveries, and more.
A program like Fuse5 Automotive Software is able to perform this as well as serve as your inventory management system, back office and CRM. For more information on the benefits of selling auto parts online and learning about the value of a good POS solution, contact us today.